I've been served a section 13 notice
Book your freehold quote below
What is the process?
- Instruct a solicitor who will check the validity of the notice and request 10% of the proposed premium up front.
- Instruct a surveyor who will carry out a valuation on your behalf. Your solicitor will collect these fees on completion of the lease extension.
- Respond with a Section 21 notice proposing a counter offer to the premium.
- Instruct a surveyor to negotiate a fair and reasonable premium. Note that the freeholder is responsible to negotiating fees going forwards.
- If the premium is not agreed before 6 months from the Section 42 notice, this is the latest an application to the First Tier Tribunal can be made, otherwise the Section 42 notice is deemed withdrawn.
- Solicitors agree terms of new lease.
- Upon agreement of the terms, there is 4 months to complete the process.
To discuss the process in greater detail and receive a quote, contact one of our experts.